Do you actively provide professional development to teachers? Do you have ongoing opportunities to support teachers in mathematics and science education? Here's a way to become even more effective as a resource for teachers–become a GEMS Associate.
Cost: $430, $395 per person for groups of two or more.
Enroll in an upcoming GEMS Associate session for all of these benefits:
- In-depth knowledge of the GEMS philosophy and approach
- Familiarity with how GEMS curriculum addresses national, state, and local frameworks, benchmarks, and standards
- Knowledge of how GEMS Program can be used to construct a larger curriculum
- Gain effective strategies to introduce teachers to GEMS curricula and support their use of GEMS materials
- Firsthand experience with many GEMS units
- Earn a GEMS Associate certificate
- The potential opportunity to establish a GEMS Network Site in your locale
- Partnership opportunities on new initiatives and collaborations
- 2 GEMS Handbooks plus a coupon for 10 GEMS Teacher's Guides of your choice
The session runs from July 27-29, 2011.
- Title 1, Title II (NCLB), and Educationally Disadvantaged Youth (EDY) funds may be used.
- Graduate course credit can be arranged.
- Participants are responsible for lodging and travel.
- Sessions are held at LHS, University of California, Berkeley.
- Each session will remain open until filled.
- Applications received early will be given priority. As the session date approaches, please call to see if there is space available.
- Cancellations: We are unable to refund your fees if you cancel less than two weeks in advance.
For more information, contact GEMS Workshop Administrator Karen Milligan at 510-643-0672 or reach her by e-mail.